Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finding my flow


At the start of the summer I dropped in on a WORCA monday night ride. To be honest it wasn't the best of rides, I did however meet some new people which is why so many people attend the rides. Yesterday afternoon I met up with my buddy Wade who I met on the monday night ride, and he guided me round his local back yard trails in Emerald, a.k.a "The no flow zone". This photo on the right illustrates what Emerald trails are all about!





I find the trails in Emerald nothing quite like the rest of the trails in the Whistler valley. They're rockier, rooty, technical, and there's an abundance of rock faces. Literally departing from Wades backyard, we were soon attempting to find our flow whilst tackling the back end of Shit Happens. From here we progressed to trails such as White Knuckles, No Girly Man, and finally tackled Big Kahuna (pictured left). These trails will definitely test your patience, your skills, and not to be tackled unless you're going to bring your A game!

















No comments:

Post a Comment